Local Talent Performs For Charity

Press Release: 8th October 2012

Sheffield Cathedral Fundraiser for St. Luke’s Hospice

The South Yorkshire public are being urged to support a special fundraising concert featuring local talent being held at Sheffield Cathedral to raise money for St. Luke’s Hospice.

St Luke’s Hospice Autumn Concert at Sheffield Cathedral will take place on Friday 12 October 2012 at 7.30pm.

It will feature local singers and groups including the Bolsterstone Male Voice Choir, Jonathan Draper, Julia McInally, Rock and Soul Machine and Sheffield Citadel Salvation Army Band. All the groups and individuals are taking part at no cost to raise maximum funds.

The event is being organised by the Irwin Mitchell Charities Foundation with 90 percent of funds raised going to St. Luke’s Hospice, which cares for people over 18 who are suffering from incurable illness. The remaining 10 per cent is being donated to the Cathedral’s Archer Project, a day centre that supports the homeless and vulnerable.

Adrian Budgen, Chair of the Irwin Mitchell Charities Foundation, said: “Our charity of the year nationally is Help the Hospices and locally in Sheffield we are supporting St Luke’s which carries out fantastic work to help sufferers of terminal illness from around the region.

“This concert is a chance for people to come and have a great night out listening to some local singing and performing talent and raise money for a very worthy cause.”

Hannah Jordan, from St. Luke’s Hospice, said: “We would love as many people as possible to come along as it is lining up to be a fantastic night. We are particularly thankful to the performers who have been amazing in giving up their time for free to ensure we raise as much as possible and to the Irwin Mitchell Charities Foundation which has helped organise the concert.”

Sheffield Citadel Band – whose musicians attend Sheffield Citadel Salvation Army Corps (Church) – have supported the work of St Luke’s Hospice for 20 years. Conductor Keith Wileman says: “The band is delighted to be taking part in the autumn fundraising concert at the Cathedral. St Luke’s has provided care to family and friends of our church members and we are pleased to offer our support in this way.”

The church’s minister, Major Paul Westlake says: “Sheffield Citadel Salvation Army is a Christian church seeking to care for and bring comfort and hope to our community. It is a privilege to support St Luke’s Hospice as it cares for those in their final days.”

Tickets cost £12 (£10 for concessions) and are available in advance from the Cathedral website (www.sheffieldcathedral.org) or by calling 0114 274 4304.  People can also buy tickets on the door on the night.

0 Responses to “Local Talent Performs For Charity”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,020 other subscribers
October 2012
Follow Sheffield Citadel Band on WordPress.com

%d bloggers like this: